|My new condition
||[May. 27th, 2005|10:32 pm]
- So about two months ago I started really feeling beat down and tired. I really thought it was just more of the awfully fun depression that has been a fun little side effect of my marriage breaking up.
- Then a couple of weeks later I started getting just unbelievable leg cramps during the night. Really horrible ones that would force me out of bed to try and stretch them out.
- Three weeks ago I went out with friends and had a bunch of drinks... afterword I began to have just an unquenchable thirst. I am always thirsty, but this was above and beyond normal. Really bad. I was drinking everything that I could find.
- Part of that was the fact that it was just coming right back out of me. No sooner did I drink something than I had to go to the bathroom and release all of those liquids. I really thought I should just pour water bottles down the toilet to try and cut me out of being the middle man.
- IN and of themselves I really did not pay much attention to those things. Hey, shit happens but it usually goes away.
- Last week all of the sudden my eyesight started getting bad. I noticed when I was watching TV and I could not focus on the TiVo menus. TiVo is my friend and he did not like that I could not focus on him :)
So I called my Dr and she had me come in right away. Turns out I have diabetes. Fuck! I am really freaking out a little right now. She put me on meds and I am starting a class next week to teach me how to eat right and monitor my blood sugar. I just can't believe it... I mean I should believe it as I am overweight and have an addiction to all things bad for me... but I still can't believe it.
So, I am freaking out. Normally that would mean I was hitting the ice cream :) but now that is out! Did I say fuck already? FUCK!